Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Starting Over AGAIN

So I started working out AGAIN! I know, I know, I've done this before. But one of the greatest things about me is determination and perseverance. Try, try again! What I've realized, I need the workout. I need to stop seeing it as something I have to do, but more like something my mind, body, and soul crave. I need to see it as something that keeps me sane and my "self-regulating" in check. I was talking with my friend Erin the other night about self-regulation (she went to a lecture for work) and it was quite and interesting discussion.   

Forgive my diatribe... Many people who lack self-regulating skills will end up dying early due to heath problems such as heart attacks, strokes, obesity, diabetes, etc.  What causes a lack of self-regulation? Stress! Stress causes things like over-eating, depression, anxiety, etc. There are four proven methods for relaxing to improve self-regulation: 1) yoga, 2) Tai-Chi, 3) exercise, and 4) music. 


So I figure for my mental and physical sanity, I need to do some type of exercise on a daily basis. Now that I see it from that stand point, it doesn't seem so daunting. It's less of a hindrance and more of a release. Now losing weight is a side-effect rather than a goal, and that seems to make the whole experience less frustrating overall. YES! I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment