Hiked up the mountain today. It was great! But very, very tiring. I know my legs will be screaming tomorrow. I thought of Shoni when I reached the bridge. She was the one who took me for my first hike there. They fixed the bridge and added new tracks, so it's not as daunting and dangerous. Thanks for the memories girlie!
There are a lot of people who hike that trail on the weekends. As I was coming down the mountain there were several slower people ahead of me, so I kept pace with them as my legs were shakey and I didn't want to face plant. Several teenage boys barreled past me almost pushing me and the people in from of me out of the way. However when then reached the cute, young, skinny girls wearing the juicy pants; they slowed to a stop and followed them respectfully. Don't you hate that crap?
But my favorite part of the day had to be the old Japanese man who poked me with his walking stick. That was AWESOME. Basically the guy jabbed me in the back with his walking stick and asked grumpily, "Can you move?!" Then shoved past me on the narrow tracks and almost knocked down the woman in front of me. So I yelled at him, "You could have gone around!" But he ignored me and kept going. Wow. If I had been quicker I would have told him, "Did you just poke me with a stick? Really?!" And if my legs hadn't been so wobbly, I would have chased him down the mountain for an answer. Oh well, there is always next Saturday. Stupid old men with sticks should not go so fast down mountains.
We shall meet again Rude Old Man with a Stick, we shall meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment