Monday, September 19, 2011

I Knitted a Real Pattern!

I finished my first pattern! Until now I have only garter stitched, but I finally finished a scarf with a real pattern. Woo-hoo, knitting level up! I used a beautiful Japanese yarn that seamlessly changes its colors. I got the pattern free with the yarn and my new favorite and evil store Pineapple Cove. It's a store that has both yarn stuff and scrapbooking stuff. Trai is not happy. But there is a sign above the cash register that reads, "Your husband called. He said you can spend as much as you want." Best sign EVER!



There are a couple of mistakes, but as my good friend Erin says, you need mistakes in everything you create. That's what makes it personal and unique.


Pattern:
Garter stitch 4 rows of 28
(5th row) Knit 4, knit 2, purl 2, k2, p2...knit last 4
(6th row) Knit 4, knit 2, purl 2, k2, p2...knit last 4
(7th row) Knit 4, purl 2, knit 2, p2, k2...knit last 4
(8th row) Knit 4, purl 2, knit 2, p2, k2...knit last 4
Continue this pattern
Finish with garter stitch 4 rows of 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment