Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Field Roast

So dinner tonight did not turn out so well. Sadly, I cannot make rice on a stove. Blah! Needless to say it was crunchy. I need to get some lessons from my friend Jenn because she does it almost nightly since her rice cooker broke. :)

But, on a slightly happier note, not all was a loss because the Field Roast meatless sausage was pretty good! Though Trai said I can't call it sausage if it does not contain meat. It any case, it tasted yummy and I highly recommend it to any vegetarians/vegans out there or anyone who needs a good vegetarian dish.



This was also a great recipe (had I done it right)! Thanks for the ideas for dinner recipes Erin!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/black-eyed-peas-rice-with-andouille-sausage-10000001571478/

1 comment:

  1. Not sausage? But part of the fun of vegetarianism is LYING TO YOURSELF! I guess you could call it gluten byproducts in synthetic casing, but where's the sexy in that?

    I really hope you do enjoy the veg thing, tho. :D

    ReplyDelete