The other day I was in the car with Rainna when she said, "No making peas."
I asked her, "Why can't we make peas?"
She then said, "Because the sign says so, wook!"
Then she asked, "Why can't we make P's here, momma?"
I started laughing and she, of course, got mad because doesn't like being funny. Who knows why? Probably because she's the daughter of a CRAZY WOMAN! Then I told her the evil P Monster will come out because he likes to eat P's.
To which she promptly responded in giggles and said, "Nooooo! You're crazy!" Then we laughed some more. Then she said, "But, wait, is there really a P Monster?" And I assured her there was and she better eat all her peas for dinner otherwise he would come to our house and eat them then her. So she cleverly said, "But we don't live by this sign." Then I said, "Wanna bet?" So on our way home, I walked her to a sign near our house and said, "There it is, I win because I'm the mom and I know more than you. Now what are you gonna do smartie?" To which she cowered and said, "Eat my peas."
"That's right, now get in the house before he finds you here and I draw a P on your face!"
Ha! I win. Then she started to cry...
So I told her not to worry because the monster won't come if her peas were all gone. So when we got back to the house, the little twerp said, "Wait momma, I know! If you don't make any peas, then the P monster won't come. So no making peas! YAY! No more peas! No more Peas!"
I suck at scaring my kids.
But no worries, I'll get better at it.





Smart girl. No more making peas at my house either!!
ReplyDelete